NACSA Project Manager
NACSA Project Manager.
The National Association of Charter School Authorizers (NACSA) seeks a highly motivated, professional with strong experience in program design, implementation, planning and management to guide our federally funded 3-year project, Building Excellence in Charter School Authorizing: Ensuring Accountability at Scale (BECSA II). This position provides an uncommon opportunity to guide development and implement-ation of a major 3-year federal grant for a growing national organization positioned to spur significant improvements in public education across the country.
The BECSA II Project Manager is responsible for managing the development of all resources, research, training, and technical assistance associated with the project. Responsibilities include the following:
· Managing a team of outside consultants and coordinating internal NACSA resources throughout all aspects of the project
· Leading the development of authorizer consensus around a set of principles of effective authorizing
· Guiding the development of policy guidance and practical implementation strategies for charter school accountability under the No Child Left Behind Act
· Overseeing the development of a major management-based training program for authorizers
· Managing the project budget
· Editing relevant papers and publications
· Developing and implementing dissemination strategies, including electronic and/or print publication of resources
· Representing the project (and NACSA) before diverse audiences across the country
· Directing effective communications and relations with other organizations, policymakers, researchers, the media, and the general public regarding BECSA II
· Experience in leading and managing education-related resource and training development
· Excellent skills in organizational, financial and administrative oversight and staff management
· Strong understanding of the challenges in charter school authorizing across the country, and clear vision of how this project can and will serve to address some of those challenges
· Superior writing, editing, speaking, analytical and interpersonal skills
· Strong leadership ability, initiative and drive
· Ability to work with and manage staff and outside contractors successfully, and be well-attuned to the interests of the organization’s members and other entities important to NACSA’s success
· Entrepreneurial spirit and skills
· Comfortable and resourceful in a small nonprofit environment
· Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in a professional office setting
· Bachelors degree required; Masters preferred
Salary: Commensurate with experience + full benefits.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, 3 professional references, and a brief writing sample by e-mail in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word for Windows (.doc) formats to:
National Association of Charter School Authorizers
The writing sample should be of a persuasive, analytical or technical nature, not to exceed 5 single-spaced pages. Excerpts from longer pieces are acceptable. The sample should represent the applicant’s own writing (not co-authored or revised by another party).
Click here for additional information.